Avocados really are one of my favourite foods. I do try to have them on hand as much as possible. They are perfect for busy mamas who just need to eat something and quickly. Sprinkle a little sea salt, add a squeeze of lemon or lime and you have a filling snack/meal on those days when a proper meal is just not in the cards (like the first six months with a new baby.....or just kids in general...we all have those days!) It even makes for an amazing first baby food. And then of course they are the main ingredient in guacamole!
Other than the overall deliciousness of the avocado, there are many health benefits:
- They are loaded with healthy fats, which are so essential for overall health. Especially in the development of babies and infants. They also contain folate, Vitamins B5 & B6, important minerals such as potassium, magnesium, as well as Vitamins K, E and C.
Author: Stephanie || Prep time: 5 mins|| Total time: 5 mins
- 3 ripe avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1/2 orange
- handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 of medium red onion finely chopped
- 1/4-1/2 of fresh jalapeno finely chopped
- sea salt to taste
- Remove the avocado pits and scoop each avocado into a medium sized bowl.
- Add the juice of both the lime, orange and sea salt.
- Mash using the back of a fork.
- Once the avocado is as smooth or chunky as you desire, stir in the remaining ingredients.