Lemon Honey Garlic Tea
This tea is served daily for the whole family when a cold strikes our house. It tastes a lot better than it sounds with only a slight hint of garlic. My toddler actually asks for it and my little guys loves it!
This tea is great for clearing out and breaking up congestion with the lemon. It helps decrease inflammation with the ginger and the garlic. The honey has antioxidants that can help boost the immune system, has antimicrobial properties and has been shown to decrease muscous and can be effective at treating coughs. The garlic has both antimicrobial and antiviral properties which can help the body fight off a cold.
The elimination of dairy and refined sugar is also really helpful when fighting a cold!
1-2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp finbely chopped ginger (optional)
- the juice of 1 whole lemon & then throw the lemon wedges in water as well
- 1 heaping Tbsp raw honey or to taste (Not suitable for under 1 year of age. Substitue with Maple Syrup)
- 5-6 cups boiled water
Simply add all ingredients to large jar or I use a french press for easy straining
- Pour boiled water into jar over ingredients and let steep until just luke warm.
- Strain and serve.
- This can also be served cold, so you can make it and have it on hand in the fridge for later!
Note: Honey is not recommended to children under 1 year of age. Substitute with maple syrup if under 1 year old.