Creamy Cashew Dill Dressing or Dip
These creamy, dairy free dressing makes any simple salad delicious and loaded with healthy fats. If you add a little less water it also makes for more of a dip which my kiddos can't get enough of.
Creamy Cashew Dill Dressing/ Dip
- 1 cup raw cashews - soaked in water for at least 2 hours and then drain
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp of dried dill or a handful of fresh dill - you could also substitute for basil, thyme or any fresh herbs you may have on hand!
- 1-2 tbsp of cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the cashews in filtered water for at least 2 hours or even overnight.
- Drain the water from the soaked cashews
- Simply add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Store in the fridge. The next day you may need to add a bit more water and shake, as it will thicken a bit in the fridge.
- To make a thick and creamy dip or spread simply add half the water.